Senior Sales Strategy Manager (Walmart/Sam's Club)
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Senior Sales Strategy Manager (Walmart/Sam's Club) will be responsible for providing analytical insights, identifying opportunities for growth, and for creating presentations to support the initiatives of the company. They will also be responsible for creating scorecards to monitor and analyze sales performance and identify category trends. The position is located in our Parsippany, N.J. office, and will report to the Walmart/Sam's Club accounts leader.
- Create business reviews, line reviews, new product launch presentations and seasonal presentations for our strategic customers and the leadership team
- Lead and drive Innovation across brands for the channel both seasonal and everyday
- Institute processes and tools to provide visibility and accountability re: trade, volume, innovation, KPIs for the channel
- Analyze post promotional events, promotional effectiveness, distribution opportunities, assortment recommendations and seasonal sell through
- Develop new and innovative scorecards to analyze business performance and complete ad hoc requests for the sales and leadership teams
- Provide actionable insights on performance, trends and opportunities to the team
- Attend customer sales appointments with the account manager and broker partners as needed
- Provide supporting material and recommendations for the planning process
- Manage the replenishment and inventory of strategic customers
- Facilitate the non-promoted and promoted planning for Trade Promotions Management
- Analyze trade spend compared to sales performance and targets
- Lead volume and trade discussions on a weekly basis ensuring team stays within budget and continues to drive sales
- Develop and maintain relationships with cross functional teams and broker partners
- Utilize data sources (i.e., IRI, ACN, ShopperSights, Spectra, Retail Link, RSI, EYC, Retail Link, SAP) to analyze the data and create compelling sales stories
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business; MBA is a plus
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role at a CPG company
- Knowledge of IRI, ACN, ShopperSights, Spectra, Retail Link, RSI, EYC, and dunnhumby
- Category management and sales experience
- Strong math, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with solid planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a proactive and timely manner
- Ability to generate positive relationships and foster a team environment
- Strong organizational agility and relationship building a must
- Good communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel approximately 15%
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.