Senior Primary Packaging Innovation
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Senior Primary Packaging Innovation is responsible for the development and approval of flexible (plastic/paper/Alu) primary packaging technical specifications for all Product Categories and all Ferrero Plants, with specific focus on the readiness, potentiality, product protection, sustainability drivers, such as recyclability and compostability, with related life cycle assessment (LCA).
- He/she must guarantee the packaging performance level to deliver product protection (shelf life), meet food safety (compliance & Ferrero’s policies) and machinability requirements, respecting cost objectives and sustainability targets.
- He/she is responsible for the management (project manager) of some dedicated projects (sustainability, top 4, alu based packaging…) of time, cost and quality according to the internal goals.
- He/she is responsible for the industrialization stage (from concept to start of production) according and in collaboration with deploy and manufacturing team. He/she will also be in charge of the organization of trials (plant or third part manufacturing), defining specs and primary packaging documentations.
- He/she is responsible for representing the company in technical committees (internal or external), packaging and lines suppliers, research centers…
- He/she is also responsible for the scouting, identification, development and protection (through ownable IP) of material or technology innovation ideas that can deliver a competitive advantage for Ferrero.
- He/she acts as a benchmark intelligence, competitor analysis, technological antenna.
- He/she is responsible for designing a carrier path with/for the subordinates and empowering the team in the company organization.
Who we are looking for:
- Master's Degree in: Material, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering; Industrial Design; Material Science; Packaging Engineering; Food technology
- 3-5 years of experience as a: packaging designer, product portfolio, or project manager
- Experience in:
- Packaging design in the Food Industry (focus on conversion technology)
- Project management
- Deep knowledge of all packaging material categories (paper, plastic, alu… incl inks, lacquers, coatings…) from the up-stream to the end use
- Knowledge of packaging lines and material conversion technologies
- Project management skills and DOE
- Cost (pack sheets, prices, P&L impact) management and understanding
- Presentation skills
- English (min B2 level)
- International mobility will be consider as a plus
- Project management, Problem-solving, decision-making, and team work skills are considered as mandatory for the role
- Open communication attitude
- Organizational Integration and network go
- Change management
- High fluency in English (written and spoken)
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- SAP platform for future PDP management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.