Senior National Account Manager - Kroger
Job Location: Remote
This position is remote, but preference is for the role to be based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
About the Role:
The Senior National Account Manager, Kroger will be responsible for executing and driving a retail sales plan for Kroger that will result in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Ferrero products. This person will be a primary contact to manage the business relationship with the Key Account Buyer at Kroger. This role will report to the Kroger Team Lead and ideally be based in the Cincinnati area.
- Own end-to-end category strategy, execution and integration
- Meet Kroger category revenue, volume, growth, profit and share targets
- Meet Kroger category distribution, shelving, pricing, and merchandising goals
- Provide category input during Joint Business Planning process
- Support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at Kroger in category
- Own relationship with Kroger category buyer and execute formalized, value-added engagement plan with established feedback loop to act on customer input
- Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive category growth
- Manage trade budgets judiciously to drive demand at Kroger in category
- Identify medium and long-term business opportunities at Kroger in category and flag to Team Leader
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, and promotions
- Provide monthly and year-out forecasts to Replenishment Analyst
- Own forecast accuracy for Kroger with feedback loop when forecasts not correct
- Develop and execute promotional plans at Kroger in category and conduct post-promotional analysis (ROI)
- Manage price point vs. objectives and promotions
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA is a plus
- At least 7 years of Sales, Account Management, Merchandising and/or Category Management experience is required
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop sales strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives
- Strong data analysis skills (84.51 & IRI) to monitor Kroger’s performance in category and develop strategies to close gaps, increase sales, etc.
- Management presentation competencies to effectively present key insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Global mindset and desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.