Sales Analyst, Alt Channel/FoodService
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
To collect, analyze, produce sales and finance reports and further analysis and insights to assist in the strategic management and development of the Sales department, utilizing data from specific sources (i.e. Ferrero Business Systems, Customer Business Systems, and AC Nielsen). Provides full support to the Senior National Customer Business Manager – Costco/Alternate Channels, and Foodservice team. Interacts with Marketing, Finance, Sales, Customer Service and Management.
This position is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON, M2N 6N5.
Sales Analysis (Costco and Foodservice)
• Collects data to analyze and produce reports
• Influence business decisions based on insight into sales results, market dynamics, and category share.
• Develop insights and make recommendations
• Complete post analysis and make recommendations for improvements to:
o Store level merchandising execution
• Make recommendations to improve sales and store level execution.
• Develop insights and make recommendations for seasonal confectionary
• Risk Analysis
• Assist in the development and maintenance of annual strategic plans
• Develop Customer level Sales presentations with guidance from Sr. Ntl. CBM
Store Level Inventory Management (Costco)
• Develop recommendations for seasonal recommendations based on:
o Total Seasonal analysis
o Analysis of previous years store level sales results
• Develop and maintain store level inventory reports and make recommendations for inventory adjustments to individual stores to maximize both sales and product freshness
Forecasting and Budget Management (Costco)
• Assist in development of a recommendation for 52 Week Budgets.
• Provide input regarding predicted effectiveness of promotional scenarios and impact to sales forecast.
• Prepare and Present regular Trade Spend Tracking reports for Sr. Ntl. CBM
• Manage Costco annual budget – clearing deductions monthly
• Manage Ferrero trade spend forecast in Blue Planner & produce reports from BI
• Develop and update monthly scorecard report for Customer Reporting
Expand Business and Analytical Capabilities (Foodservice / Total Business)
• Produce, manage and present volume and performance reports
• Evolve business tracking capabilities for indirect group of accounts
• Analytical leadership on strategic channel projects and business initiatives
• Develop channel-specific sales tools for account and broker teams
• Support reporting of business team initiatives (FS consensus, FS brand budgets, trade shows, customer trade programs, etc.)
• Monthly Total Business Reporting
Alternate Channel Support (Dollar)
• POS sales analysis across Dollar and Alternate channels
• Total Alternate channel reporting and performance reports
• Annual planning support
• Support on annual alternate channel projects
Administration / Sales Support
• Provide administration support on deductions, volume & budget tracking, and related sales data & reporting requirements.
• Support reporting of Foodservice business team initiatives (FS brand budgets, trade shows, customer trade programs, etc.)
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 1 to 3 years of experience
• Strong Analytical abilities and data proficiency
• Broad knowledge of business to interpret data
• Provide original thought to interpret data – transform insights into actions
• Budget management and development financial acumen
• Procedure oriented
• Exceptional database management software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office software proficiency (Word, Powerpoint)
• Proficiency in applications in an SAP environment an asset
• French an asset
• Ability to set and achieve goals
• Ability to lead and influence others
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities
• Ability to work effectively with others, as well as the ability to work independently without guidance and multitask in a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines & manage requests from multiple stakeholders
• Strong critical thought process with the ability to investigate trends and identify areas for sales focus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.