Production Supervisor (2nd and 3rd Shift)
Job Location: Louisville
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
As the Production Supervisor you will be responsible for supervising hourly employees and executing production and logistics plans for Little Brownie Bakers cookies. In this role you will lead the overall operations of the assigned shift, including: Safety, Quality, Regulatory Compliance, Labor Relations, Warehouse and Site Security.
We currently have multiple opportunities available on both 2nd and 3rd shift.
- 2nd Shift: 2:00pm - 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift: 10:00pm - 6:30am
- Supervise the execution of production and logistics plans through operators and other hourly labor in production and warehouse functions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of plans and policies to ensure compliance in all areas of responsibility.
- Operate production lines in accordance with FDA guidelines, GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), and HACCP/SQF program guidelines.
- Direct and guide operators and their activities in execution of production and/or logistics plans (receiving, processing, mixing, baking, packaging, shipping, etc).
- Responsible for shift change management and communication as well as daily production standards and labor reconciliation.
- Develop employees to ensure compliance and achieve Quality.
- Resolve problems and mitigate operational issues.
- Support Lean Training as directed by Operations Manager.
- Owns regulatory compliance and food safety process, including: proper sanitary condition, allergen control, pest control, food safety policy, employee safety policies and procedures, and maintaining MCRS sustainability standards.
- Participate in daily food review.
- Support and execute relevant projects as needed.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred
- Minimum 2 years Supervisory experience; experience in a unionized environment, an asset
- Experience managing people, with ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Previous manufacturing experience. Process, packing, and mechanical experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of GMP principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Experience working with SAP, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Spanish, a strong asset
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.