Production Operator - Continentals
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This opportunity includes Contract or Permanent positions. The starting rate: $22.09 and up to $24.94.
Hours of work: 12hr continental shifts rotating between Days and Nights starting from 7am to 7pm (days) and 7pm to 7am (nights)
Shift Premiums: $1.65/hr on night shifts and $4/hr on weekends
This is a NOC C level position.
- Maximize output of packaging machine by minimizing downtime & minimize waste
- Ensure machine and floors are free from debris and product
- Identify machine problems and ensure they are resolved quickly
- Work well with maintenance in eliminating downtime
- Ensure product is packaged according to company quality standards
- Ensure machine is locked out according to company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure Critical Control Points are checks are completed
- Monitoring equipment on a regular basis
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are practiced and maintained
- Cleaning and sanitizing areas and equipment during changeovers
Who we are looking for:
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime when required
- Ability to meet/exceed goals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform heavy lifting when required, up to 25kg
- Meets the physical demands of the position
- Excellent eye and hand co-ordination
- Commitment to adhere to the company’s GMPs including the wearing of PPE
- Competent problem-solving skills
- Work in a team environment
- High sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to Ferrero safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience operating manufacturing equipment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.