Plant Production Planner
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ensure optimal scheduling of short to long-term production & materials for the Franklin Park Production Unit in order to meet the production budget in the allotted periods and volumes coordinated with the Commercial Market Unit. Ensuring in stock of all necessary raw materials and packaging related to semi-finished and finished product codes. This position is a combination of Central planning, local planning and materials planning. This position is operational but with supervisory accountability of others in their brand team. They will report on behalf of the grouping to the Manager and be responsible to delegate and coach as needed. They will participate and have accountability in the yearly budget process related to volumes and materials.
- Local production planning (short and long term)
- Receive weekly requests from business units
- Review the plans feasibility based on the line capacity, manpower and shift standards;
- Enter the plans into the information system (SAP/APO) which will determine, based on production models, the required production factors, i.e. raw materials, packaging etc.
- Collaborate with sourcing material planners to ensure packaging and raw materials are delivered on time
- Prepare the following weeks production schedule and share with UGP Managers, Maintenance Manager, and RTO’s
- Ensure short to long term production schedule is as accurate to Market requests as possible and maintain Market stock coverage within Market coverage thresholds
- Ensure short to long term production schedule optimizes line efficiency and minimizes waste
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree
- 4-7 years of experience
- Competency using ERP, MRP and material planning software packages + Production Scheduling software & systems (SAP/APO)
- Proficiency (advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Solid understanding of forecasting and inventory management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills/excellence with numbers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Commitment to change using a Continuous Improvement approach
- Strong leadership and communication skills in a Team environment
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining strong sense of urgency and focus on service
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.