Plant Controller, Chocolates
Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Plant Controller to join our North American Industrial Controlling team at our chocolate plant in Bloomington, IL. The Plant Controller ensures industrial cost calculation and analyses (budget, costs, investments, trends in factors of production) and reports to the management team. The Plant Controller will interface with (Finance) Administration Office; and the Region’s Controlling department. This role will enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies and procedures while driving the process of budget preparation and continue reviews for the plant.
Please note this is an onsite position, 5 days a week.
• Oversee the preparation and execution of the standard cost calculation
• Ensure ongoing analysis of progress and variance of resources used in production and production efficiency
• Guarantee availability of production models, codes for Finished Products, Semi-Finished Products, Packaging and Raw Materials and additional documentation;
• Confirm feasibility based on the R.D.P (Richiesta Documentazione Prodotto – Product Documentation Request) – before developing models.
• Ensure analysis of line efficiencies compared with standard.
• Perform analysis to identify potential for cost reductions.
• Performs benchmarking activities within and between plants.
• Collaborate in the preparation of the investments budget
• Analyze the return on investments in conjunction with the Group Economic Directions Office
• Prepare economic analyses on projects/capital investments
• Coordination of process for setting industrial cost standards (raw materials, human resources, etc.) for the Production Unit budget
• Support the Head of Production Unit in creating the budget proposals
• Participate in discussions regarding the budget with Central Operations Office.
• Monitor variations in costs and share significant shifts with various Departments and Head of the Production Unit;
• Preparation of evaluation and final results.
• Preparation of internal reports and reports for other Ferrero Units;
• Preparation of specific budget progress reports pertaining to (personnel, energy, equipment depreciation, overhead, etc.);
• Preparation of Production Unit’s “balance sheet”.
• Economical and methodological support in the investment first evaluation process for plant related industrial investments.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; advanced degree is preferred
• A minimum of 2 years of Plant Controlling experience with significant prior experience in standard costing and accounting
• Experience working in a plant, knowledge of production process including cycles and production models
Experience working with SAP and Excel
People management experience
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.