Packaging Sustainability Specialist
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Packaging Sustainability Specialist for joining our Global Packaging Design team, directly reporting to the Packaging Sustainability Manager.
- Contribute to the ongoing definition of the packaging sustainability strategy;
- Support project development choices through LCA studies of specific projects/materials;
- Map compliance to quickly changing packaging regulations and monitor future evolutions in relevant markets;
- Manage and improve the yearly collection of packaging data for CSR reporting according to GRI rules and perimeter extension (M&A).
- Database management: packaging Environmental Footprinting mapping and update CSR carbon footprint emission factors and LCA internal tool;
- Life Cycle Assessment studies with Simapro;
- Drive specific projects on recycling;
- Packaging sustainability working groups attendance (Ceflex, Conai, Istituto Italiano Imballaggio,..);
- Support Central Sustainability Team with communication material
- Support packaging/plant teams with the evaluation of waste reduction initiatives;
- Support development of specific KPIs to monitor Location Performance;
- Support internal department on greet dot calculations (recyclability assessment);
- Competitor benchmarking on sustainability initiatives;
- Environmental model update and KPI monitoring;
- CSR report content definition (for all packaging related topics).
Who we are looking for:
- Graduate (Bachelor/Master) in Engineering or scientific fields;
- 3-5 years previous experiences in packaging sustainability teams within FMCG companies or international consultancy companies or recycling/waste management companies;
- Good understanding of main packaging materials (plastic/glass/paper/aluminum) and applications;
- Life cycle assessment and related software skills are mandatory;
- Quantitative, data focused approach;
- Comfortable interpreting and visualizing data;
- Excellent skills in MS-Office applications (Excel and PowerPoint); SAP knowledge is a plus;
- Italian and Fluent spoken and written English.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.