Packaging Development Specialist
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Packaging Development Specialist is responsible for the end-to-end execution of packaging projects and daily tasks relevant to the development of local industrial new packaging development briefs and activities. This position serves as a first touch point for all the area activities across products, categories and brands in support to the North America Region Packaging Manager.This person will report to the Packaging North America Manager and sit in our Parsippany office.
- Leads the roll out of Global packaging projects for the North America region, in line with the Group requirements and guidelines;
- Manages the implementation of industrial solutions ensuring structural performance, cost improvements, food safety and plant complexity management;
- Manages the local new packaging development and the process optimization, promoting an effective collaboration with the internal and external stakeholders during the whole design phase;
- Explores and develops new packaging technologies to support innovative packaging design through partnerships with leading edge suppliers;
- Supports Ferrero Engineering Dept. for implementation of new packaging lines; attends and monitors packaging industrial trials; evaluates and shares outcomes to drive design decisions during project development phase;
- Ensures technical documentation through the creation of technical drawings and technical data sheets in accordance with the guidelines of the Packaging Department.
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate has 6 years plus of experience as a packaging specialist/designer;
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, M.S. is preferred;
- Project management, problem-solving, decision-making, and critical-thinking skills are considered as mandatory for the role;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability and aptitude to team-work;
- Availability to travel and transfer;
- Knowledge of standard packaging materials and Packaging industrials technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with people from all levels & different departments
- Strong Presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD/ArtiosCAD (mechanical technical drawing); MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word); ERP Knowledge.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.