Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Guarantee purchase of goods, materials and services in accordance with defined guidelines to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply running the purchase order with a set supplier base.
• Effectively manage daily relationships with external suppliers
• Continuously analyze the market supply and outsourcing to implement innovative ideas (new technologies, new materials, etc.) Potential new suppliers and know the financial situation in order to propose and implement actions policy that can bring a consistent approach Ferrero competitive advantage.
• Continuously monitor the performance of its suppliers by means of appropriate KPIs to ensure reliability of supply, compliance with quality standards of service expected, evaluate the reliability and competitiveness of the financial market, identification of corrective actions
PURCHASE ORDER PROCESS
• Manage the purchase order process for input materials under its area of competence from the business needs to PO and support goods receipt.
Full responsibility every day to assign orders in accordance with the specifications assigned in accordance with the institutional strategies agreed times (PMT, Budget, SAF) in optimization based on costs and ensure the level of service expected
• Check for each code and each control the consistency of the purchase price against budget prices
• Manage critical situations (coordination of local needs and core strategies)
• Receive data from Planning department on the annual requirements for raw materials
• Ensure the forwarding of data to manage suppliers and create a forecast request;
• Ensure the collection of proposals, make comparisons and evaluations
• Guarantee forecast for all principal costs for purchase of materials
IMPLEMENT THE CENTRAL STRATEGIES
• Manage Local Purchases in coordination with the central reference category
• Report all savings Opportunities
• Declination or implementation of core strategies
• Decline or adapt local group strategy
• Manage local procurement in coordination with the reference category
• Report any problems or quality of service identified by the group of suppliers
• Master Agreement suppliers (Purchasing framework contract) Shared with the direct category manager or with the Purchasing Manager
• Ensure the governance of procurement strategy implementation, included local/central Procurement alignment managing the governance meetings with Central Procurement
• Manage and coordinate internal relations with the different actors of the process (Inter-Purchasing, Planning, Quality and central department in particular) in the optimization perspective of the value chain
SELECTION OF SUPPLIERS
• Ensure the search for local suppliers of raw materials in compliance with quality standards established by Headquarters;
• Ensure the possibility of using alternative suppliers guarantee the selection through specific meetings with potential suppliers
• Collaborate in the process of receiving final specifications/detailed descriptions from suppliers
• Guarantee the negotiation of raw materials prices and contract terms, in compliance with budget and Group objectives and guidelines
EVALUATION OF SUPPLIERS
• Ensure ongoing supplier evaluation for all the suppliers under its area of responsibility by managing complaints from Supply Chain, Production, Quality, Maintenance
• Manage non-compliance issues with suppliers, request and monitor corrective action when necessary
• Support to Central Departments for the management of non-compliance issues with suppliers, request and monitor corrective action when necessary
• Ensure the forwarding of non-compliance issues to Central Purchasing to evaluate information and detect other possible problems
• Collaborate with Production and Quality to monitor Supplier production trials in order to make the necessary observations for supplier improvement
• Maintain constant communication with Warehouse to ensure sufficient lead times and quantities and to guarantee all raw materials arrive as scheduled as per the Purchase Order
• Collaborate with Finance to verify the incoming invoices correspond to issued orders, and resolve discrepancies
• Guarantee the correct support for solving of work items and related issues on invoicing process
• Full responsibility for solving WI items in charge to Procurement, also in dealing with the vendors to ensure the respect of the Ferrero invoicing process/guidelines
QUALITY AND FOOD SAFETY
• Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
• Manage NCPR tracker and monthly meeting with quality department to ensure the quality of the supplies in accordance with Ferrero Quality requirements
• Full responsibility for vendor list data base management, including the manufacturing site creation/update
Who we are looking for:
- Mastering purchasing techniques: negotiating skills, RFI, RFQ, budgeting, market analysis, risk management, price management
- Knowledge of the supplier market, qualitative specifications for raw material, price agreements, purchasing process and related procedures;
- Technical knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the Global RM market
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Mastery of SAP modules purchases
- Analytical skills
- Legal knowledge in the drafting of standard documents: orders, contracts, commercial law
- Knowledge of Sustainability process
- Ethical and strong personal values
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.