Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About the Role:
The safe and efficient operation of boiler room and refrigeration equipment. Provide support to ensure the facility with optimum supply of steam; compressed air; boiler and chilled water; and refrigeration/ammonia necessary to meet the established objectives of the business.
• Operates and maintains automatically controlled, gas fired, high pressure boilers.
• Operates and maintains air compressors and air dryers.
• Operates and maintains water softening system.
• Takes test samples and controls addition of chemicals to water systems.
• Operates and maintains auxiliary equipment such as feed water pumps.
• Maintains proper water level and required steam pressure and supplies steam to meet plant load requirements.
• Responsible for routine maintenance of pumps, valves, lines, and other utility equipment.
• Performs cleaning and housekeeping assignments and any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Monitors and maintains all needed supplies and parts for safe and efficient operation of boiler room and auxiliary equipment.
• Monitors level of fuel oil tanks, condition of containment dyke and sump.
• Operates and maintains emergency generator, well pump, and diesel fire pump.
• Performs all record keeping duties, including data logging and filing, of boiler room equipment, maintenance procedures, safety related functions and other miscellaneous events.
Who we are looking for:
• Highschool diploma or GED
• 1 year previous Boiler Operations experience
• Class K License (waste water)
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems, control power and drives, sanitary control principals, operation and troubleshooting of chillers, boilers and other equipment.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.