Nutella Cafe Associate - Chicago
Nutella Café is the first U.S. restaurant from Ferrero, the maker of Nutella. Whether you are grabbing a quick coffee on the way to work or looking for a new lunch spot, Nutella Café offers an array of great tasting Nutella inspired dishes designed to take your taste experience to new and delicious heights, all with a side of happy. While there have been many eateries with Nutella inspired fare around the country, this is the first café owned and operated by Ferrero.
Reporting to the Café Management Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service while representing a world-class brand.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, dynamic environment- we set the bar high!
- Greet customers quickly with warmth and a sincere smile and be able to answer their questions knowingly regarding the menu through clear and pleasant communication
- Use tact when dealing with guest issues/concerns, respond patiently and with courtesy
- Prepare, present and service of menu items in accordance with café standards
- Maintain inventory
- Collect payments from customers and make changes accurately and efficiently by processing transactions in POS
- Be able to accurately count a cash register and ensure safety and security of cash payments
- Clean tables and dining area
- Work closely with other associates to get the job done and ensure that the restaurant is operating efficiently- be a team player
- Answer phones according to café standards
- Other duties assigned as needed
What Do I Need to Do This Job?
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Food Safety Certification and/or Food Handler’s Card
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- Open availability including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Able to stand for long periods of time, including moving safely through all areas of the café including but not limited to uneven and slick surfaces.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Comprehensive benefits package for regular/full-time employees
- Long term career opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. We participate in E-verify/Participamos en E-Verify.