National Account Manager - Walgreens
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The National Account Manager, Walgreens will be based in Chicago and report to the Director of Sales. This position will be responsible for executing and driving a retail sales plan that will result in the delivery of sales and profit growth of both existing and new Ferrero products.
- Achievement of sales volume to meet or exceed monthly, seasonal, and annual quota levels
- Manage the customer relationship including owning the end to end category strategy, execution, and integration
- Leverage the broker agency relationship to maximize customer headquarter and retail performance execution
- Develop customer business plans that encompass distribution, merchandising, pricing, shelving, logistics, finance, that align with company KPI and customer targets
- Meet customer and Ferrero category revenue volume, growth, profit and share targets
- Develop strategic presentations that utilize syndicated data category analyses, shopper, brand, consumer, and market insights
- Identify strategic sales opportunities supported by category- and customer-driven insights and align with JPB initiatives and processes
- Stimulate a team approach across internal and external teams
- Work collaboratively and proactively with trade marketing, forecasting, trade management, forecasting, and supply chain to deliver upon sales objectives and deadlines
- Track all key item assortment initiatives, internal reports, in a timely basis
- Manage trade P&L budget to not exceed budget, deliver profitable ROI, and meet NSV targets
- Develop and execute promotional plans, conduct post-promotional analysis (ROI)
- Manage trade and spoils deduction resolution with trade management system, provide resolution within company policy
- Manage price-point vs. objectives and promotion
- Manage and report competitive performance and market activity
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, promotions; provide monthly and year-out forecasts with accuracy
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
- At least 4 years' minimum relevant experience; Walgreens experience preferred.
- Sales, Account Management, Merchandising, Category management experience required.
- Experience with forecasting, IRI/Nielsen, Trade Promotion Management software, and Walgreens Applications Suppliernet, RSI preferred.
- Team player – future leader
- Advanced computer proficiency Excel, Pivot tables, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with the necessary internal and external stakeholders, building solid relationships and achieving brand sales goals.
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop sales strategies and translate into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives.
- Data analysis skills to monitor customer performance in category and develop strategies to close gaps and increase sales.
- Management presentation competencies to effectively present key insights to internal and external stakeholders.
- Position requires approximately 10%-20% overnight out of town travel to seasonal meetings/Ferrero headquarter meetings.
- Must reside in Chicagoland area and able to drive to Walgreens headquarters and broker agency offices in Deerfield, IL.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero U.S.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.