Microbiology Lab Technician - 18 Month Maternity Leave
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Working in the Microbiology Lab at Ferrero Canada, the successful candidate will conduct microbial analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished products to evaluate quality and ensure the safety of food products entering the marketplace.
The hours of work will be Sunday to Thursday on straight days
- Performs microbial analysis of raw ingredients, in-process and finished products to ensure quality and food safety.
- Ensures that all analysis is carried out in compliance with Safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Group’s standard.
- Prepare, sterilize and sanitize equipment and facilities used for microbial testing.
- Ensure that microbial results are verified and reported in excel and/or SAP format.
- Provides technical support in the area of Microbiology to the Manufacturing and Technology departments and collaborates to seek continuous quality improvement
- Actively participate in all required analytical investigations
- Participates in internal and external audits as required.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and may assist in providing training for production staff (sampling, swabbing etc.)
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor, to support production.
Who we are looking for:
- B.S. in biology, microbiology, food science or related technical field
- 1-3 years industry experience in microbiology laboratory
- Knowledge of microbiology, environmental and utility monitoring and aseptic technique
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- GMP/GLP’s and HACCP, etc.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs
- Experience with SAP would be an asset
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.