Maintenance Mechanic (Second Shift)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero USA, a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong track record of innovations and a great reputation for the quality of its products, is looking for an Electrician to support our Production Operations team. The position will work out of our Somerset, NJ factory location and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Mechanic is to manage, repair and maintain production equipment in our United States repackaging facility. This role requires an individual which excels troubleshooting production equipment problems as well as proactively preventing issues delaying or preventing production of the company’s products.
This is a non-exempt (hourly paid) position and will involve overtime work.
- Repair, maintain, install and change over production packaging machines and lines.
- Troubleshoot packaging machine problems and make necessary repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on packaging machines and conveyors.
- Recommend improvements and modifications to production machines.
- Performs preventive maintenance following standards and schedules. This includes lubrication, adjustments and cleaning.
- Experience in LOTO training.
- Perform general plant maintenance duties and other duties as assigned.
- High School degree
- 5 or more years’ experience working with packaging systems and conveyors
- Knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, programmable controllers, and servo drives.
- Knowledge of electronics, pneumatics, mechanics, robotics, hydraulics, PLC, and structural maintenance.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Proficient at operating machine shop and welding equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting Fanuc robotics.
- Experience with using production facilities equipment.
- Ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude.
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.