Logistics Executive, SEA
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
To ensure operational excellence in SEA (Southeast Asia) logistics activities with accuracy, efficiency, and sustainability.
The Logistics Executive, SEA is responsible for executing logistics activities across SEA (Southeast Asia) region. The incumbent monitors and analyses all elements of the logistics metrics, ensuring optimal deployment of Ferrero’s inventory and 3PL performance. The position will support the Logistics Manager, SEA and Customer Service Team by executing logistics activities such as freight arrangements and containers tracking, analysing logistics data, providing support to transactions & insurance claims with accurate information in a timely manner and being involved regularly in Continuous Improvement projects within the Cluster Supply Chain Team. The Logistics Executive, SEA will also support the Demand Planning Team on forecasting, reporting and master data management. The incumbent owns the primary responsibility for regional shipping data accuracy and on time status updates from various users. The role is also responsible for coordinating all activities relating to sea and air freights for imported shipments including cargo damage, container anomalies, customs clearance, additional charges from shipping lines and last mile to distributors.
- Manage inbound containers by communicating and maintaining clear correspondence with shipping lines, trucking companies, shipment ETA, custom brokers, and Distribution Center (DC) to ensure proper flow of inbound loads.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date all shipment information in planning systems
- Liaise with 3rd party warehouse on all inbound deliveries to ensure that stock is prioritized and is received at DC and all required paperwork is available for processing, ensure container turnaround is within the free time period
- Maintain KPI reports for transport services and monitor the data anomalies
- Maintain and analyze cost to service data and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Prepare and send out the proforma invoice to plants and support billing activities
Document and Data Management
- Process any product or insurance claims arising out of incorrect or damaged shipments
- Liaise with factories on any supply performance issues with documentation
- Liaise with Demand Planning Team on data management
- Maintain and upload any new SKU into the Master Data
- Communicate with stakeholders for the proper flow of data into SAP to facilitate Purchase Order automation direct from Ferrero Factories
- Facilitate new SKU setup, and EDI inbound and info records for standard costs to ensure proper data flows
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives to better manage material flow from vendors into and through the distribution facility
- Maintaining records for audit trail
- Processing invoices of incoming goods, freights, custom brokerage, and duties in line with Ferrero Authorization Matrix
- Facilitate the document inspections and restrictions
- Ensure excellent stock consistency through coordinated daily stock reconciliations between SAP and WMS systems
- Deployment of stock from plants and warehouses to next location with First Expire First Out (FEFO) inventory allocation strategy
- Drive root-cause analysis of inventory misalignments to prevent recurrence
- Control and Execution of stock adjustments and transfers of goods with FEFO inventory allocation strategy
- Optimise inventory holdings via consistent data analysis
- Maintain, assess, and create KPI reports for warehouse services, including costs, distribution efficiencies, on-time dispatch, etc.
- Analyze logistics data to identify opportunities to improve logistics flows through the distribution networks
- Conduct material and activity flow studies within factory storage facilities
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Availability of documentation to facilitate custom clearance in a timely manner so as not to incur additional cost where it can be avoided
- Co-ordination of transport and distribution to avoid additional cost resulting from the pickup and unloading of containers
- Support tenders for Logistics services
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in Logistics Management
- Adequate Supply Chain & Logistics Knowledge (Freight Shipments, FEFO, Incoterms)
- ERP System SAP (SD & MM)
- Microsoft Office (Proficient in Excel & Teams)
- Problem-solving skills & priority setting abilities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Advanced communication skills
- Pro-active individual
- Fast learner & team player
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.