Ingredient Procurement Category Manager
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Your role at Ferrero would be centered around sourcing initiatives on raw materials understanding and negotiating with suppliers. You will guarantee purchase of ingredients in accordance with defined guidelines considering price, quality, and level of service. This position reports to the Head of Category and will part of the Raw Materials Procurement Function. To be successful in this role, you will have a keen sense for contract and supplier management that is paired with a keen interest in the food ingredients market.
As a Ingredient Procurement Category Manager, you will work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to define and execute strategic sourcing initiatives including:
- Lead or participate to global sourcing activities managing the portfolio of suppliers, rationalizing existing one at central and local level and introducing new ones;
- Conduct the negotiation with suppliers in alignment with internal procedures and Ferrero Code of Business Conduct;
- Ensure supplier portfolio knowledge and raw materials value chain understanding;
- Support raw materials scouting and the improvement of the existing ones;
- Understand and support planning activities to ensure adequate coverage of the factories;
- Monitor supplier reliability and performance;
- Support on budgeting activities in terms of analysis and preparation of reporting files;
- Support the Ferrero responsible sourcing and sustainability roadmap.
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain or Project Management;
- 5-8 years of experience in Purchasing or Supply chain;
- Knowledge of the global raw materials market;
- Knowledge of food manufacturing and sustainability processes;
- Proficient Knowlegde of Microsoft Office;
- Experience with SAP/ARIBA;
- Fluent in English, knowledge in other languages is considered a plus;
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (internal/external);
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.