Hazelnut Agronomist & Outgrowing
Job Location: Portland (Remote in Oregon)
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role has full accountability on Agricultural, Science & Research based activities related to North American market growth and hazelnut improvement programs. Enhancing productivity, product quality and monitoring the development of a sustainable hazelnut value chain are key as well as working within in the country to increase availability and quality whilst working with growers, processors and industry influencers.
• Proactively drive defined strategy to increase market volumes availability
• Exchange technical and scientific knowledge with the area’s different related stakeholders
• Work in strict cooperation with Procurement department to facilitate their sourcing process through scientific, outgrowing & promotion support
• Maintain long term relation with the different business partners & stakeholders with the only objective of improve market performances
• Transfer Ferrero professional knowledge heritage to the Oregonian market system
• Facilitate interaction between Ferrero and different involved divisions with the different market operators
• Proactively cooperate in order to reach full implementation of Group sustainable sourcing program and maintain it.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor in Agronomy or related fields, preferably with knowledges and eventual specializations in economics.
• At least five years of experience in Agronomic related businesses or Orchard Management, or similar agricultural activities.
• Experience in designing and implementing research projects and field trials.
• Excellent aptitude in communication, interpersonal relationships and leadership in a complex and sensitive environment.
• Excellent skills in working cross functionally with the different involved Company divisions.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.