Group Key Account Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you’re looking for a role with variety, this is it. You will start the journey of leading business trend in retail world. As a group Key account Manager, you will need to reach sales targets of the customers assigned, developing the business of Key Accounts, analyzing their performance, developing customer plans, negotiating with clients contracts and promotional Activities and following up on in-store implementation.
1. Sales Strategy:
• Lead and develop KA planning to implement the strategic goals set for the business growth
• Propose commercial policy, trade terms and customer plans for KA nationwide.
• Trade spending control within 3NP.
2. Sales Forecast, Budget and Objectives：
• Proposes to the Commercial Manager a Sales Budget (volumes, trade spending, etc.) for the Key Accounts
• Allocate KA volumes and trade spending budgets to regions
• Monitors Sales Targets achievement on monthly bases and proposes revision where necessary (volumes, profits)
• Contract harmonization within timeline
3. Customer Plans：
• Analyzes current Customer Performance and defines future Business Opportunities
• Defines Customer-specific Goals and Strategy
• Develops SWOT Analyses & Performance Reviews by Customer
• Defines Action Plan by Customer
• Continuously Monitors Customers Performance
• Take actions on issues with credits
• Review regional proposals on National Key Accounts and conform compliance with commercial policy;
4. Negotiation Activities：
• Defines and Negotiates Contracts with the Customers assigned
• Develops with the support of Trade Marketing, specific Sales Arguments to achieve the Strategic Goals of the customers assigned
• Negotiates with customers the Annual / Session Promotion Plan according to Marketing plan
• Negotiates implementation of planogram and position at central level, and provides support and guidance to sales field for local implementation.
5. Trade Spending：
• Keeps Trade Spending within the Guidelines established by the Ferrero Commercial Policy
• Approves payments
• Ties Trade Spending to specific Business-driving Activities (Promotions, 2nd Placements, etc.)
• Analyses trade spending and ensures the best return on investment.
6. Deployment & Control：
• Clearly Communicates to Regional Managers the Agreements reached with Customers and the Action Plan (promotions, etc.) to be deployed on the Market
• Monitors the Actual In-store Deployment of Actions at national level, follow up and coordinates with regional sales teams to ensure local execution is aligned with defined plans and policies
• Evaluates and approves proposals and input from regional sales teams (including KA executives) to ensure alignment with policies at national level
• Monitors Sales, Stocks & Building Blocks KPIs for the customers assigned
• Resolves problems with KA on a national level when required
• Evaluates proposals coming from local team for local KA and gives feedback for execution on a local level
7. Team Management：
• Plan (set objectives according to the company’ development strategy), coordinate and control the performance of subordinates
• Build and coordinate a professional team
• Regularly discuss performance appraisals with subordinates (performance management)
Other tasks assigned by line manager or company.
Who we are looking for:
• Mandatory: Bachelor’s degree or above.
• Minimum 8 years in KA management, at least 5 years in team management;
• Trade Spending management experience in all manners
• Strong customer negotiation skills, analytical skills and leadership.
• Fluent English. Computer skills - advanced Excel, PPT, MS Office user.
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organization dimension, so should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and be able to build proper relations with stakeholders at all levels. A demonstrable consumer-focused attitude and autonomy in managing relationships will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieving expected sales outcomes.