Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We, as Ferrero, foster quality in everything we do. In order to provide the standard quality level for our consumers and maintain their trust for our products, we care so much about safety and traceability. As a “Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist”, in this role you will be responsible for the procedures and guidelines related with food safety matters to guarantee the optimum quality measures within the plant.
Directly reporting to the Quality Manager, the role is Trabzon based, where one of our Hazelnut plants are located.
- Define necessary rules in accordance with Ferrero Corporate Quality and other external organizations, in order to guarantee product (workflow) traceability, to detect origins of quality related issues
- Develop, update, and sustain Food Safety system in order to meet FSSC 22000, BRC and Ferrero Standards regulatory guidelines and maintain certification in collaboration with Corporate Quality
- Review and assess periodical records from production, Sanitation, GMP’s, and Food safety
- Assist in facilitation of all Food Safety auditing and inspections
- Conduct validation and verification of Preventive Controls
- Develop and update HACCP plans, through risk analysis method
- Coordinate and support the Food Safety and Quality Supervisor with all activities related to pest control program (i.e, monitor trends, implement corrective actions needed)
- Interact with the B2B customers to manage complaints (about perceived quality etc.…)
- Implement and follow up action plans and improvement projects to improve the DQG audit score
- Assist in customer expectations/requirements and customer audits in collaboration with the other related parties
Who we are looking for:
- Educational background BSC of Food Engineering, Food Science or related field required
- Proven experience in related departments with active participation in related operations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with a problem solver attitude
- Good presentation and communication skills and ability to deliver training sessions
- Ability of multitasking with a deadline-centric approach
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.