Financial Reporting Manager
Job Location: North Canton
North Canton, OH
About the Company:
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. is a leading premium American chocolate brand and retail chain within the Ferrero Group. Ferrero is the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Rocher, Nutella, Kinder Joy and Tic Tac. Ferrero has recently added some exciting expansions to its portfolio including products such as Butterfinger, Crunch, and Baby Ruth. There has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group!
About the Role:
The Financial Reporting Manager ensures implementation and coordination of financial and administrative processes of the Company in accordance with local legislation and Group policies. The position directly manages the financial reporting, accounting and administration activities which includes general ledger, financial statements, audits both internally and externally and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance of accounting and related support systems in accordance to local laws and group policy.
- Act as a finance business partner to establish improvements in operational and financial performance.
- Drive and ensure the proper interpretation of U.S. GAAP for local financial statements and IFRS standards for group financial statements and be the lead advisor to document issues in a clear, comprehensive and logical manner.
- Direct management of general accounting and financial reporting activities including review of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Direct management of Treasury activities including cashflow forecasting to make sure Company’s liquidity needs are met and that excess cash is used to pay back liabilities of the Company.
- Directly responsible to ensure that financial statement values and disclosures are complete and accurate. Present and lead monthly presentations of financial statements and other financial data information to executive management.
- Directly responsible for the monthly and yearly financial closing. Ensuring all group and local deadlines are met.
- Ensure the deployment of Group internal audit rules (at local level), included in the GRC program (Governance Risk Compliance), as well as assure the compliance with legal constraints in order to safeguard Company assets and avoid dishonest behaviors.
- Develop and ensure a personnel management system based on identification of the Group’s values, motivation, and development of competence for all related positions in order to maximize results and business competitiveness within the department.
Who we are looking for:
- 5 years’ experience in leading a team for financial reporting and accounting activities
- 10 years’ experience with in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, U.S GAAP standards and best practices. IFRS knowledge is also preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills with sound judgment when making decisions.
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills. Experience with ERP systems is preferred.
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced work environment with flexibility and initiative to undertake various duties and roles as required.
- Ability to build solid relationships across departments with excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.