Field Category Manager - Strategic Accounts (Target)
Job Location: Minneapolis
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Field Category Manager, Strategic Accounts will be based in Minneapolis and report to the Field Category Management Leader. This position will be responsible for driving both sales and margin for all products within their assignment market, which is Target and Drug (Walgreens & CVS). They will also be responsible for creating category management selling arguments to build the equity leadership of Ferrero brands within the U.S. marketplace.
- Build relationships with key retailers to be a trusted and strategic partner
- Translate marketing management priorities to Category Management plans
- Work collaboratively with account, trade and customer marketing teams to develop recommendations for aligned “must dos” and ensure process integrity each session
- Provide category input during JBP process
- Support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at Key Account in category
- Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive category growth
- Assist NAMs in developing medium and long-term business opportunities at accounts in category
- Drive support for new product launches through commercial planning process
- Manage and maximize use and output of syndicated research resources, shopper insights platforms, category management teams, research projects in support of the sales organization and ensure linkage with the category management plan.
- Monitors and analyzes category, competition and consumer market data to identify business opportunities and develop new category development plans
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
- At least 5 years relevant experience required
- Category management experience required
- Target experience extremely preferred, with additional past Drug experience ideal
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary internal and external stakeholders, building solid relationships and achieving brand sales goals
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop category strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives
- Data analysis skills to monitor key accounts' performance in category and develop strategies to close gaps, increase sales, etc.
- Management presentation competencies to effectively present key category insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Candidates should possess strong collaborative capabilities, high integrity & ethics, and operate daily with the company's values in mind
- Global mindset; desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Trade class and industry knowledge
- Position requires travel (30% of the time)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero U.S.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.