Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
• Repair, replace and install sensors, actuators, transformers, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, electric eyes, conduit systems, switches, defective writing, etc.
• Follow lockout-tagout procedure and all other safety requirements
• Follow GMP dress code and other GMP requirements
• Troubleshoot, repair, replace PLC’s, Servo and Frequency Drives and related electronic hardware, and demonstrate software configuration and trouble shooting skills of same.
• Show knowledge of test equipment such as analog and digital multi meter, signal generator, oscilloscope, etc.
• Use blue prints and wiring diagrams to plan and execute electrical repairs and installations
• Performs assigned electronic duties as required
• Show basic mechanical knowledge
• Replace burned out bulbs and fuses; repair and install light fixtures
• Make proper use of tools such as hacksaws, pipe benders, pipe threaders, hammers and screw drivers, splice wires and install conduit, panel boards, switch boxes, motors and drives and other electrical equipment
• May test or recommend new equipment in the electronic field, staying abreast of latest state of the art technology
• Employee shall follow Bloomington Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Identify and perform preventative and predictive maintenance activities.
• Enter data into computerized maintenance systems to help justify department staffing.
• Participation on preventative and predictive maintenance teams and continuous improvement teams.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all plant personnel.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Associates Degree in Electrical area of study OR a License/Certificate in Electronics preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Strong computer skills in Windows
• Ability to multi-task
• Able to work an extended shift (i.e. 12-hour shift)
• Must be open to working a Continuous Operation Schedule
• 1+ years experience in a high speed manufacturing environment preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience of Allen Bradley PLCs including 5 and 500 required including reading and troubleshooting; Controls Logix strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Instrumentation preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.