Customer Business Development Regional Manager - North
Job Location: Beijing
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
• Propose goals, sales strategies, channel and customer plans for the region managed
Sales Forecast, Budget and Objectives
• Develop and manage operatively weekly rolling sales forecasts for the assigned region
• Ensures in line with business objectives the proper management of budget (reach targets on trade spending, returns, profits)
• Propose region sales volume budget and trade expense for PMT (by city, POS, product, SKU)
Customer plans and sales development
• Detect and propose business development and growth opportunities, ensure quantity and quality development in the assigned Region (Business Blocks KPIs)
• Properly distribute resources (human, financial, POSM, etc.) for most effective ROI
• Supervise negotiations with local and national KA to ensure implementation of the central guidelines
• Presents, negotiate and sign agreed budget with distributors and wholesalers (Define and communicate objectives and policy to customers)
• Defines with distributor the level of service expected (business model, dedicated vs shared sales force, KPIs etc) and monitor the actual outcome
• Ensure application of national and local KA agreements and Region sales targets (Building Blocks KPIs)
• Propose sales force structure – dedicated vs shared sales force etc., location, headcount
• Manage distributors and wholesalers, ensure payment to Ferrero, follow up credits and assure the information flow from distributors on sales and expenses
Planning and control
• Monitors field activities performance and accomplishment of sales conditions, agreements and relevant BB KPIs
• Ensure stock management and control, propose actions to resolve over-stocks, out-of stocks
Marketing and Trade Marketing
• Implement brand strategies, achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives set by marketing, report on opportunities, obstacles
• Ensure implementation of TM activities, active and proper in-store activities execution
• Makes proposals on new types of POSM and in-store activities for authorisation by Trade Marketing department
• Share with Marketing and Trade Marketing the local best practices results to be converted into sales stories for other activities and regions
Managing Human Resources
• Define sales targets for the structure managed by SKU, control results
• Regularly evaluate performance of the structure assigned through joint visits and market visits: evaluate achievement of the BB KPIs, effect coaching and motivate subordinates
• Participate in recruitment and selection according to the job descriptions and company values
• Train new comers on merchandising, sales skills, explain Ferrero sales principles and commercial policy, communicate new products, new projects, promo etc.
• Other tasks assigned by line manager or company
Who we are looking for:
• At least 10 years experience in FMCG sales;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Strong selling and negotiation skill;
• Good knowledge of in Traditional & Modern Trade, experience Commercial Policies, Channel & Customer Plan, and Field Sales & Merchandising Processes;
• Excellent communications skills in English and Chinese, written and oral;
• Have strong leadership and people management skills;
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.