Channel Development Manager
Job Location: Makati City
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
To reach sales targets of the assigned customers within the assigned channel while developing and managing the overall business by analysing and monitoring performance; developing customer plans and gap bridging activities (whenever necessary); working with cross-functional teams in the region on channel specific projects; Leading distributor teams to effectively execute promotional activities as well as following up on in-store implementation.
• Lead and develop Channel planning to work with Distributor teams in implementing the strategic goals set for the business growth
• Defines distribution targets per SKU for assigned Channel
• Defines displays standards and appropriate POS material by format, both for occasions and permanent for assigned Channel
• Develop customer or channel specific gap plans to generate faster off take and greater success of achieving sales objectives
Sales Forecast, Budget and Objectives
• Proposes to the Country Sales Manager a Sales Budget (volumes, trade spending, etc.) for the Channel
• Monitor Sales Targets achievement continuously and proposes revision where necessary (volumes, profits)
• Analyzes current Customer Performance and defines future Business Opportunities
• Assists Distributor Channel team in defining Customer-specific Goals and Strategy
• Develops SWOT Analyses on a National Level.
• Continuously Monitors Channel & Customers Performance
• Develops with the support of the Trade Marketing, specific Sales Arguments to aid Distributor Channel team in achieving the Strategic Goals of the assigned customers
• Monitor implementation of planogram and position at central level
• Keeps Trade Spending within the Guidelines established by the Ferrero Commercial Policy
• 1st Level Approver for Distributor Claims on Trade Spends for assigned Channel
• Ties Trade Spending to specific Business-driving Activities (Promotions, 2nd Placements, etc.)
• Analyses trade spending and ensures the best return on investment
Deployment & Control
• Monitor execution of distribution, display, and activation targets for assigned Channel, follows up and coordinates with Distributor Channel teams to ensure local execution is aligned with defined plans and policies
• Evaluates proposals and input from Distributor Channel teams to ensure alignment with policies at national level
• Monitors Sales, Stocks & Building Blocks KPIs for the customers assigned
• Reviews and resolves any SOA issues with Distributor relevant to assigned Channel
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 4-7 years of relevant work experience is a must
• Strong analytical, people management, account management, negotiation and leadership skills
• Market Knowledge: Traditional & Modern Trade, Impulse Channel; Trade Marketing; Ferrero Portfolio; Ferrero Commercial Policies; Channel & Customer Plan; Commercial Logistics; Sales, Field & Merchandising Processes
• Proactive, dynamic, responsible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, result-oriented
• Fluent English
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.