Area Quality Manager APAC-MEA
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Group Quality function we are looking for an experienced Area Quality Manager APAC-MEA who will report professionally to Group Quality’s Head and managerially to APAC-MEA's Chief Business Officer.
The Area Quality Manager APAC-MEA:
- Is responsible for the Quality Management in the Area along the Value Chain (from Raw Materials and Packaging, through Industrial and Supply up to Markets and Consumers);
- Guarantees that Ferrero Quality Guidelines and rules defined centrally, the observance of Regulations and Laws at local level and the safety of consumers (Food Safety) for incoming and outgoing products are respected and applied;
- Takes part in the Area Board in order to provide the business a strong commitment on quality aspects while makes also part of the Group Quality's Leadership team.
- Implements a Governance System for relating with RQM (e.g. defines the content feedback reports, schedules update/follow up meeting, defines a timing/recurrence of meetings, etc.);
- Guarantees Quality Guidelines and methodologies are correctly applied and followed at Area and Region Level while he/she provides feedback in case of possible constraints coming from local level;
- Manages critical non conformities/incidents (both on industrial and commercial side), involved by the RQM, and activates adequate corrective actions, also by asking the support of specific technical matter experts (e.g. Quality Account, Food Safety,…);
- Participates and/or proposes new Projects related to the Area's development;
- Supports the definition of strategic KPI/indicators (at industrial and commercial level) for monitoring performances and improving Quality levels;
- Ensures that in the Regions an adequate number of resources and skills are present verifying possible needs for training local resources;
- Evaluates the performance and career development of RQM involving the relevant Region Manager.
Who we are looking for:
- Post-graduate qualification in Food Science or similar /Food engineering, Biology or other related fields;
- At least 20 years of similar managerial experience both within an industrial and commercial level;
- Previous experience in multinational food companies – multi-factories and multi-countries;
- Experience in Audit and Certification Systems, Food safety, Quality management both in plant and commercial, critical non conformity management;
- International mindset with work experience in quality/production;
- Experience within multilingual and multicultural work environments of matrix organizational structures;
- Strong team management and leadership skills;
- Organizational and analysis skills;
- Demonstrated Problem solving skills;
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills;
- Change management orientation with a continuous improvement approach;
- Strategic thinking, strong planning and reporting skills;
- Effective written/verbal communication skills and public speaking;
- Flexibility to adapt to different and difficult scenarios;
- Availability to international business trips 30% of the time;
- Commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
- Ethical and strong personal values.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Any other European language will be considered an asset.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.