VP, Cookies & Chocolate Laboratory Head
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Laboratory Head who will lead a team and support the Cookies & Chocolates Category in the development and launch of a successful range of new and innovative Cookies, Chocolates, Cones & Pie Crusts products for Ferrero North America.
- Leads a team to ensure the timely and efficient execution of all research and development laboratory tests in accordance with the evolution of the legislation, ensuring analytical and interpretative reliability to protect the consumer.
- Proactively proposes innovative solutions aimed at improving product-related aspects (product design & formulation, quality, technology, sensorial, shelf life, etc.).
- Revises, in the critical phase, the diverse type of raw materials and semi-finished products of the category of competence, new and already used in the Company, in order to improve the organoleptic and structure of the product and possibly reduce the costs of procurement and processing.
- Ensures laboratory analysis, tests, and research in projects aimed at controlling and improving products, supporting the related decision-making process.
- Proactively lead the analysis of products developed by our competitors, within and outside the core category.
- Ensures the sampling required for tastings, sensory analysis, taste tests, and supporting the related business decision-making process.
- Ensures the detection and construction of the analysis database and compile statistics.
Who we are looking for:
- BS / MS degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Nutrition, etc. (PhD is a plus).
- Minimum of 15+ years of proven experience in FMCG R&D, innovation, product, process, or technology development roles.
- Successful track and proven experience in product/process development from laboratory bench scale, to a successful execution & launch to market.
- Result-oriented with a strong passion for creativity and innovation within a complex driven environment.
- Dynamic, flexible, proactive approach and ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations within strict deadlines.
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of ingredients, semi-finished & finished products, and processes, and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence with integrity through persuasive communication to win support at more senior levels within R&D and Cross-Functional areas (Marketing, 3rd party co-manufacturers, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, etc.).
- Strong people and project management skills to effectively & efficiently drive a complex program.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.