VIE - Marketing / Sustainability Junior Advisors
Job Location: Brussels
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Ferrero Group is looking for two Junior Advisors to join our Group Public Policy Center (GPPC) in Brussels, focusing on either Marketing or Sustainability. The GPPC is part of the “Institutional Affairs and Corporate Communication” Department of the Ferrero Group.
You will focus your activities in the area of Sustainability or Marketing and will support the monitoring and gathering relevant information, developing Group positions and will be representing the Group’s interests externally (for example, in trade associations meetings).
For this role, you must be self-motivated, proactive and capable of working on your own initiative and you will directly report to the Ferrero Global Public Policy Manager for Marketing or Sustainability.
Responsible Marketing pillar
- Support in developing Group positions and guidelines
- Support in ensuring compliance of marketing assets with Group responsible marketing commitments
- Participation in relevant industry associations meetings
- Support in monitoring and analysing EU legislative initiatives, policy papers, stakeholders’ publications on sustainability issues (supply chains, packaging, environmental labelling).
- Support on sustainability to trade project (intercepting requests to GPPC, redirecting to relevant internal stakeholders, ensuring timely follow up, analysing type of requests and prepare overview for management)
Who we are looking for:
The role requires a wide range of skills from data/information acquisition and analysis to dissemination of pertinent messages to internal and external stakeholders. Interpretation of relevant regulations and understanding the main impact for the Ferrero Group is paramount, along with solid communication skills.
- Hold a University degree in law or political science with a strong background in food regulatory and has ideally had previous experience in the food industry and/or EU affairs
- Be passionate about public affairs and/or marketing issues and at ease with reading and analyzing technical legislation;
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, precise and organized;
- Previous experience in project management;
- Be able to communicate and negotiate professionally with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Have excellent interpersonal as well as team player skills;
- Excellent oral and written English. Italian and/or fluency in other EU languages would be an asset
- IT literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.