Vice President, Packaging
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
He/She/They leads a very professional and motivated team of packaging specialists, and guide the strategy setting, as well is the reference point from Global Packaging teams for the Area North America.
Also is the Packaging Deployment contact for the Area, Region and Country stakeholders (Area Management, Marketing, Procurement, Graphic chain, Trade Marketing and Factory Management) regarding all process of packaging development/deploy at area level for all product categories.
- Leads the Region NA Deploy Packaging Teams to define and implement the packaging strategies in consistency with the Mission & Vision of Global Packaging (DPU) in the Area of Responsibility and the Region Business drivers
- Drives the development and the industrialization of the packaging projects portfolio (both global roll-outs and local developments) in the assigned Region, merging the market needs with the operational needs towards the best sustainable and feasible solution.
- Promotes and manages the integration process internally in Global Packaging by linking the other functions (Project Manager, Design, Graphic Chain) and address the operational efforts.
- Represents the main point of reference for discussing and sharing packaging development topics with the commercial and operational stakeholders (Region Manager, Plant Manager, Marketing, Sales, CMD and CFO) to accelerate the market needs comprehension clarifying them in effective and efficiency operational guidelines.
- Drives the exploration and development of new packaging technology required to support innovative packaging design through partnership with leading edge suppliers
- Enhances the collaboration with procurement, aligning on the procurement local strategy and derisking priorities as well as F4G and efficiency activities
- Guides and manages the local requests on Sustainability topics, scout the local regulation and recycle environment, lead the local follow up of the of the risk assessment, support the central Sustainability team to define processes and targeting the Group guide lines, implementing action plans and ad hoc communication.
- Leads and defines the processes, action plans, resources and instruments for the integration of new Companies acquisitions related to the Packaging function, collaborating to finalize an “in progress” blueprint Group acquisition’s process
- Drives the creation and the organization of a high potential team
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master on Packaging / Engineering / Design / related areas
- 12 or more years experience in the Packaging R&D area.
- Packaging technical and Material specs skills
- Strong Managerial skills and Diversity management
- Project management & problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.