Job location: Arlon
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the role:
Reporting to the Local Supply Chain Manager, the Transport Manager will ensure the operating management of transport planning for inbound flows from abroad, being the reference point for operative customs issues (duties, fee payments, claims..). Working in an integrated and fast-growing function, the Transport Manager will have a key role in the local supply chain development.
- Follow and manage all in/out Industrial Transport related shipments;
- Plan and Communicate in advance capacity requirements, ensuring the optimal balance between budget and service level;
- Frequent Performance Evaluation and PPIs communication (internal and external “customers”);
- Management of the Customs topics;
- Ensure compliance with Quality, Environment and Safety assessments as per group standards;
- Audit and monitoring temperature and humidity shipment conditions as per group standards
- Frequent communication and alignment with internal related areas;
- Open and monitor all the claims related to transport occurrences, following group standards;
- Generating, archiving and controlling documents related to shipments according to the legal, local and group requirements, per destination
- Lead weekly coordination meeting to drive the key actions to be taken over the network
- Lead or being key role in the projects related to the area of transport;
- Supervise and support the team to achieve the expected results;
- Contribute to the team motivation and individual development.
- Ensure all the purchase orders are entered and approved on time to avoid delays and operational risks, follow up on invoices accordingly;
- Prepare data and lead discussions for financial reviews related to National shuttling;
- Be in charge of the transportation budget;
- Raise and control investment requirements for the area, as per group calendar
Group compliance activities list
- Ensure to comply with all the assessments (Quality, Environment, Safety) that are going to be completed and submitted/upload on portal according to the plan;
- Support and follow any group audit (Quality, GRC, external and central) related to Transports;
- Ensure the implementation of security local and group standards;
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be an experienced and motivated subject matter expert in transport & customs management, with a focus in extra-UE import flows (food or plant products categories is a plus). The candidate must be a self-starter, adaptable, flexible, with a strategic global mindset.
- Degree in Economics, Management Engineering or Supply Chain Management;
- Experience in transport management and planning (3+ years);
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- English and French fluency; Any other language is a plus;
- Experience with SAP ECC is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.