Trade Spend Manager
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Trade Spend Manager is responsible for the strategy, development, and tracking of the Trade Spend Budget for the Ferrero USA portfolio of brands. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally with Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, and Sales to define the allocation of the budget by brand, channel/key customer, and SKU. This position will be responsible for defining commercial policy and tracking trade spend vs. guidelines to ensure compliance. The position will also be responsible for analyzing the ROI of trade spend levers to optimize the trade spend investment. This role will be based in Parsippany, NJ and reports to the VP of Trade Business Intelligence.
- Trade Strategy
- Responsible for the strategy, development, and tracking of the Trade Spend Budget for the Ferrero USA portfolio of brands
- Define commercial policy and track trade spend vs. guidelines to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with trade marketing, field sales, and brand team stakeholders
- Partner with Marketing, Trade Marketing, and Sales to develop trade guidelines and promotional guardrails for aligning with Ferrero’s Commercial Policy
- Collaborate on promo effectiveness reviews (including e.g., promotional responsiveness of products and brands, trade rates by account, event level ROI analysis) with Revenue Management / Trade Marketing
- Analyze the ROI of additional trade spend levers with to optimize the trade spend investment
- Provide actionable insights on trade performance, trends and opportunities to deliver business solutions for improving Net Sales return
- Co-Lead monthly channel/key account P&L review with Sales teams for improving Net Sales / GM (collaborating with Finance)
- Forecasting & Budget
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, and Sales to define the allocation of the budget by brand, channel/key customer, and SKU
- Align on Trade investment allocation by lever for each customer/channel based on brand and customer segmentation strategy
- Collaborate with Finance on alignment of trade rates by brand/channel to influence customer P&Ls / promotional decision-making
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
- At least 7 years of relevant experience required, CPG Foods experience is preferred
- Financial acumen and P&L management with an understanding of the need for rigor regarding spending choices and the importance of ROI
- Syndicated data experience (IRI or Nielsen) where candidate has pulled their own data
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and make business recommendations based on analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Ability to creatively organize and present data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well cross-functionally
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.