Trade Spend Analyst
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Trade Spend Analyst will play a key role in the continued growth of our Trade Intelligence team. In this highly collaborative role you will partner with multiple departments across the organization to build solutions and efficiencies, and define process.
The position will be based in our US Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ, and reports to the Trade Spend Manager.
- Develop, and track the Trade Spend Budget for the Ferrero USA portfolio of brands
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, and Sales to define the allocation of the budget by brand, channel/key customer, and SKU
- Align on Trade investment allocation by lever for each customer/channel based on brand and customer segmentation strategy
- Track Trade spend vs. guidelines to ensure compliance and analyze the ROI to optimize the trade spend investment.
- Co-Lead monthly channel/key account P&L review with Sales teams for improving Net Sales/GM (collaborating with Sales Finance and Trade TPM team)
- Collaborate on promo effectiveness reviews (including e.g., promotional responsiveness of products and brands, trade rates by account, event level ROI analysis) with Revenue Management/Trade Marketing
- Provide actionable insights on trade performance, trends, and opportunities to deliver business solutions for improving Net Sales return.
- Collaborate with Finance on alignment of trade rates by brand/channel to influence customer P&L’s/promotional decision making
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in a related field of study.
- 2+ years of relevant experience required, CPG Foods experience is preferred
- Financial acumen and P&L management with a focus on ROI
- Syndicated data experience (IRI or Nielsen).
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets and make business recommendations based on analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Ability to organize and present data in Excel and PowerPoint
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Please note if you accept an offer of employment from Ferrero, you are expected to abide by Ferrero’s Commercial COVID-19 Guidelines and General Procedures, a copy of which will be provided to you upon hire.