Trade Marketing Manager - Premium Chocolate Seasonal
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Trade Marketing Manager, Premium Chocolate Seasonal will be responsible for the in-store activity plan to execute the brand strategy at retail. This includes developing and cascading the Go to Market plan detailing the execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP). This position owns the in-store activity calendar for the brand, and the DSMP and Financial KPI attainment for assigned brands/segments. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and reports to the Senior Trade Marketing Manager - Premium Chocolate.
- Develop the in-store activity strategy to execute the brand strategy at retail
- Develop the Go to Market plan including execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP).
- Create the KPI objectives aligned by Class of Trade trends and strategy
- Develop the Trade Investment strategy for the brand aligned to customer and brand strategy
- Develop the in-store activity calendar by session / channel
- Responsible for defining the in-store execution objectives to be tracked for execution
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of display tools and formats
- Responsible (with Marketing) for the development and execution in-store activations and POS
- Partner with customer teams and Marketing to develop actionable plans to drive accelerated growth or improve profitability
- Develop trade and consumer unit pack/price architecture framework to deliver strategic channel and customer opportunities
- Ensure proper lead time and content for best in class innovation launches, meeting customer lead times
- Monitor competitive activity to ensure external factors are incorporated into business plans
- Optimize Trade Spend Effectiveness by reviewing post promotional assessments and Return of Investment for trade spend lines
- Propose the budget (volume and revenue) along with the Marketing teams of the assigned brands
- Support the planning and execution of both the seasonal and everyday portfolio
- Develop sales supporting tools (e.g. seasonal and everyday display catalogues)
- Provide input to the S&OP process on changes in distribution, promotion, and customer/channel strategy
- Align with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Trade Business Intelligence on the trade spend budget and promotion plan
- Align with Shopper Marketing on the shopper marketing plans and eCommerce investment
- Ensure clear lines of communication between Trade Marketing, Brand Marketing and Customer Teams
- Monitor customer team performance and engage with teams as necessary to ensure KPI attainment
- Deliver performance management reporting: ie seasonal sell thru tracking, new item performance tracking, monthly business review insights and implications
- Work with cross-functional team to manage commercialization of new items and displays
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience required, CPG Foods experience is preferred with Customer Management experience
- Multi-channel CPG experience including: C-store, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Commerce & EU Discounters
- Experience of Brand / Trade / Customer Marketing, supporting delivery of effective Joint Business Plans
- Experience of Trade Promotional Management and Seasonal Confections
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the Trade Marketing & DSMP strategy
- Strong decision making and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at the most Senior levels
- Commercially astute with strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including the knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Global mindset and a desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.