Trade Marketing Manager - Butterfinger+ Portfolio
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Trade Marketing Manager for the Butterfinger+ portfolio which includes Butterfinger, Crunch, Baby Ruth, Raisinets and 100 Grand mainstream chocolate confections. The Trade Marketing Manager for the Butterfinger+ portfolio will be responsible to develop and execute portfolio DSMP strategies and initiatives designed to accelerate mainstream (everyday) chocolate growth. The successful candidate will own DSMP KPI attainment for assigned segment and support key cross-functional internal relationships, including Marketing, Category Management, Sales Operations and Sales Account Teams. This role will be based in our Parsippany, NJ office, and report to the Senior Trade Marketing Manager for the Butterfinger+ portfolio.
- Ensures attainment of Mainstream Chocolate Front End and Aisle brand KPI targets including KPI tracking and action plans
- Partners with Category Management and the Marketing organization to develops sales tool kits (e.g. selling stories) in support of launches or initiatives
- Develops Go To Market deck and initiatives based on Marketing priorities focused on DSMP ensuring balance and appropriate focus among brands
- Tracks promo effectiveness at strategic customers. Identifies opportunities to improve ROI
- Provides input into demand planning process to ensure customer trends are accurately reflected in forecasts
- Partners with Category Trade Marketing, Marketing and Category Management to develop appropriate range by channel to maximize sales and profitability for each occasion
- Partners with Category, Trade Marketing and Brands to ensure best in class state of readiness is achieved for all innovation launches
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, across North America in a CPG setting with Customer Management experience
- Multi-channel CPG experience including: C-store, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Comm & EU Discounters
- Experience of Brand / Trade / Customer Marketing, supporting delivery of effective JBP’s
- Experience analyzing syndicated retail sales data (IRI / Nielson)
- Experience in Trade Promotional Management
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the Trade Mktg. & DSMP strategy
- Strong decision making and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at the most Senior levels
- Commercially astute with strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including the knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Global mindset and a desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.