Trade Marketing, Co-op (4 Months)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Early Careers Program:
Are you looking to jumpstart your career in Sweet Packaged Foods? Do you have a sweet tooth, and are interested in learning about how chocolates, candy, cookies, biscuits, and more are made from start to finish? Then our Early Career Program (ECP) may be the program for you!
We are looking for highly motivated individuals, who have graduated from a post-secondary institution in Sales, Marketing or Trade Marketing, to join our Canada Commercial Early Career Program.
Our Early Career program is designed to let participants explore Ferrero while putting their skills to work. Working at Ferrero early in your career is a unique and challenging experience, and we often have permanent placements after the program. Even more importantly, our Early Career program can help participants understand where they want to focus your talent and take the first step of a career at Ferrero.
The Ferrero Early Career Program provides participants with the technical and leadership skills they will need to build a successful career within Ferrero.
As part of the Early Careers Program, participants will be based in our commercial office at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON where they will be introduced to the “Ferrero Way” and commercial career paths.
This program will support participants in understanding how Marketing, Trade Marketing & Sales concepts are applied in the CPG industry.
Over the course of the program, participants will attend a variety of training courses and programs that will set them up for success in future roles. These include but are not limited to:
• New Hire Orientation
• Plant Tour
• Store Visit
• Onsite work experience within Sales, Marketing & Trade Marketing
• Soft skills training (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Presentation Delivery Skills)
• Ferrerita – a Ferrero onboarding program that takes learners through a learning journey across the Ferrero Value Chain, making them ambassadors of the Ferrero’s Culture and Values.
• JOIN! – a global program that enables early career employees to obtain a deep understanding of the Ferrero way of doing business. They will discover the DNA of success in our brands and the diversity of our network across countries.
Throughout the program, they will receive support from a mentor to help them understand their strengths and weaknesses, plan their development, and help them build up the skills and knowledge necessary to prepare them for their career. In addition, their mentor will also conduct performance evaluations outlining their areas of development for future success.
At Ferrero, we value entrepreneurship, therefore, participants will also have the opportunity to participate in a local business project within their assigned function and to present their findings to management.
Once the ECP has been successfully completed and providing availability, the participant will be placed in a specific field of expertise which will further develop their skills in their area of specialization. They will be based in the Ferrero commercial location within Canada.
• Work closely with Sales team to review promotions, budget and funding on a monthly basis
• Monitor and analyze trade spending forecast and actuals
• Support the monthly trade spend reconciliation and reporting.
• Support Trade Finance Manager on the accrual management and customer open deduction processes.
Technology & Training
• Support the maintenance of master data such as pricing conditions, product master, customer master & CRM master
• Support the training of the Sales organization on information systems, review and troubleshoot any promotional planning integration errors, reporting on open tickets for system issues etc.
Product Supply Allocation
• Propose Seasonal Products volume allocations by customer to Trade Marketing Seasonal team
• Maintain excel trackers and SAP for supply allocations, balance to come and remnants, based on evolution of supply flow and customer demand
Who we are looking for:
• Graduated from post-secondary educational institution or currently studying Marketing, Trade Marketing, Sales or a related discipline
• Proficient with MS Office Suite tools
• Ability to adapt and learn new things quickly and accurately
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and takes initiative
• Collaborative, and works effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical capabilities with intermediate-advanced skill in Excel
• Detail & results orientated
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.