Trade Business Intelligence Manager
Job Location: South Korea
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is a family-owned multi-national company producing love brands such as Nutella, Kinder, Ferrero Rocher, and Tic Tac, which have massive growth potential in Korea. Ferrero values include social responsibility, quality, integrity, research and innovation and Ferrero takes pride in its people as much as its products, placing emphasis on long-term sustainable growth and employee well-being over short-term profits.
The aim of the role is to develop business insights and provide interpretation to business data, with identification of potential business criticalities and opportunities. The relevant insights have to be cascaded to other functions on recurrent basis via ad-hoc reports in both excel and power point.
It also works with Sales department for development of selling argumentation, preparation of sales offers and design of price lists.
It provides specific scorecards to monitor a seasonal activation and ad hoc projects performance as well as trade spend vs target. Follow up all sales planning process by linking the marketing plan and commercial activities with the Business result.
PROOF OF PERFORMANCE COLLECTION AND ARCHIVING
• Collects from various sources elements demonstrating how store activities (assortment visibility, planogram compliance, cut prices, promos, price changes, etc.) have been implemented by geography, channel, customer, store format, etc.
• Archive content collected and makes it available to interested stakeholders to support ex-post analysis, benchmarks and other in-store activities plans
• Defines tool and data methodology to be used in collecting, archiving and sharing proof of performance data
Performs daily monitoring on business performance in respect to the defined objectives, analyzes and interprets business data, recognizes potential business criticalities and opportunities, summarizes key data in Excel and PPT. In detail:
• Market / Trade data management and analysis (e.g. Nielsen, POS)
• Competitor’s activities in store monitoring (qualitative and quantitative)
• Ferrero point of sales performance tracking (e.g. price levels, quality of execution, shelf availability, implementation of defined trade terms & activities and distributor KPIs, etc.)
• Panel data analysis (distribution, freshness, etc.) supported by Quality department
• Lead post Evaluation report after occasion activation (Entrance Exam, Valentine’s Day, White Day, Back To School, Children’s Day)
• Ad-hoc analysis on particular Brand/SKUs/ Channels
• Internal reports preparation, analysis, sharing with other departments
• Develops all documentations related to category management / channel management and sales activities
• Perform category and shopper trend analysis as input to the business review process
• Validate the STT/STD Forecast based on the sellout trend on weekly basis
• Monitor and validate the rolling forecast, comparing also with historical data
• Highlight any risks and in case escalate to Country Manager for final decision taking
• Monitors continuously the market situation in order to ensure products availability, products freshness and avoid products stock-out. Identifies promptly anomalous trends and suggests remediation actions together with Sales and Supply Chain teams
Who we are looking for:
• At least 8 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in data analytics a must
• Good understanding of FMCG trends and operations
• Hands on experience in business intelligence/analytics
• Excellent consolidation skills, ability to integrate information from multiple sources and create clear, simple, coherent, logical conclusions, insights, and recommendations
• Ability to tell stories via data and insights
• Experience with data visualization
• Experience with Nielsen Tools
• Familiar with Microsoft Office, especially strong Excel Skills and PowerPoint
Nice to Have
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field a plus
• Experience in research agency a plus
• Experience in Shopper Insights a plus
• Excel Macro skills a plus
Soft Skills and Management Skills
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; ability to influence business teams and stakeholders
• Collaborative and ability to work in a multi-functional team
• Good listener
• Strong work ethic
• Effectively works in a matrix organization (Country, Region, Area) and patient with multiple alignments
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Positive mindset, open minded and curious, adaptable to changes
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.