Sustainability, Environmental & Energy Manager
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Act at Plant level, interacting with the team composed by the different Plant Functions accountable of Energy and Environment related topics, and in full coordination with the Central references of the Industrial Sustainability, Environment and Energy Direction. Role has specific responsibility to manage industrial sustainability and environmental initiatives in line with centrally-defined strategies and policies (e.g. industrial sustainability, emissions, scrap, waste) and to provide competent guidance and proper support to the Plant Functions on energy saving topics (e.g. effective energy system design, efficiencies generation).
ENVIRONMENT & ENERGY GOVERNANCE
• Ensure the overall environmental compliance
• Promote all necessary collaborations in the Plant to guarantee the achievement of energy efficiency goals
• Accountable with Plant Manager, responsible for internal and external communication with relevant authorities regarding environmental issues
• Conduct audits of the environmental managing system
BUDGET & PLANNING
• Analyze and critically support, together with related experts (RdL, RdM), energy supply needs and usage within the manufacturing cycle
• Define the budget proposal within Environmental & Energy topics (i.e. energy needs, investments)
• Contribute to the development of the budget
• Support in developing the mid-long term plan for Energy Plant structure
• Support the Buyer in developing supply contracts
• Work jointly with the team resources affecting energy and environmental topics in the definition of specific features for new investments (i.e. machines, Plants) ensuring that these aspects are considered in the acquiring phase
• Promote the assessment of the energy effects of new machineries
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECTS
• Proactively promote and participate in activities such as:
o Increasing energy culture of all levels, including technical support and training to users
o Cooperating with relevant Functions for investigating and monitoring new norms and internal regulation compliance, as well as looking for research and development of new technologies and new non-polluting power sources
o Coordinating the Central and Group Functions on environmental sustainability projects
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4-7 years’ experience in similar role
- Knowledge and application of KPI’s related to energy sources
- Knowledge and practice of maintaining certification of ISO 50001 & 14001
- Knowledge and application of environmental and energy politics
- Knowledge and application of performing energy and environmental audits
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.