Sustainability Environmental and Energy Manager
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Act at Plant level, interacting with the team composed by the different Plant Functions accountable of Energy and Environment related topics, and in full coordination with the Central references of the Industrial Sustainability, Environment and Energy Direction. Role has specific responsibility to manage industrial sustainability and environmental initiatives in line with centrally- defined strategies and policies (e.g. industrial sustainability, emissions, scrap, waste) and to provide competent guidance and proper support to the Plant Functions on energy saving topics (e.g. effective energy system design, efficiencies generation).
- Ensure overall environmental compliance
- Promote all necessary collaborations in the Plant to guarantee the achievement of energy efficiency goals
- Accountable with Plant Manager, responsible for internal and external communication with relevant authorities regarding environmental issues
- Conduct audits of the environmental managing system
- Analyze and critically support, together with related experts (RdL, RdM), energy supply needs and usage within the manufacturing cycle
- Define the budget proposal within Environmental & Energy topics (i.e. energy needs, investments)
- Contribute to the development of the budget
- Support in developing the mid-long term plan for Energy Plant structure
- Support the Buyer in developing supply contracts
- Work jointly with the team resources affecting energy and environmental topics in the definition of specific features for new investments (i.e. machines, Plants) ensuring that these aspects are considered in the acquiring phase
- Promote the assessment of the energy effects of new machineries
- Proactively promote and participate in activities such as:
- Increasing energy culture of all levels, including technical support and training to users
- Cooperating with relevant Functions for investigating and monitoring new norms and internal regulation compliance, as well as looking for research and development of new technologies and new non-polluting power sources
- Coordinating the Central and Group Functions on environmental sustainability projects
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Responsible for all activities aimed at achieving and maintaining certification, including ISO 50001 & 14001, and any other local certification
- Guarantee the application and disclosure of energy and environmental politics
- Perform energy audits within the Plant and guarantee the presence of needed processes
- Manage ISO 14001 & 50001 and any other local certifications
- Gather documents, development, authorizing, and organizing environmental audits due to current trends
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.