Supply Chain Quality Manager
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Supply Chain Quality Manager ensures that quality standards in logistics, warehousing and transportation are met internally and externally with our contract manufacturing and packaging partners. This role is vital to ensure that we provide the best-in-class quality and freshness to our consumers.
This role is based in our North American HQ (Parsippany, NJ), and will be required to travel to multiple locations throughout North America.
- Works with different Supply Chain parties regarding implementation of objectives, framework requirements, technical specifications and evaluation criteria.
- Plans and executes quality control audits for warehouses, cross-docks and external manufacturing and packaging facilities across North America, performs periodic follow ups based on audit results, and escalates issues in case of critical non-conformities.
- Plans and executes, with involvement and support of relevant departments, traceability tests and mock recalls. Leads the traceability programs across the supply chain and is the key Quality contact and expert in crisis for this activity.
- Supports SC in the selection process of new facilities, by ensuring that minimum quality standards are guaranteed, through the tender pre-audit process, and supports Supply Chain in contractual negotiations regarding the setting of quality requirements.
- Develops and implements training programs for other parties to familiarize them with Ferrero Quality Requirements.
- Drives Do-Not-Ship policy (DNSP) development and implementation across North America and alerts DNSP risks through monthly reporting and contributes to Risk meetings.
- Contributes to the correct identification and execution of destruction activities on returned and/or on-hold products through the Disposal tool and periodic systematic reviews of OnHold/Distress storage locations.
- Creates and periodically reports product freshness in supply chain and Quality KPIs driving the continuous improvement of facilities. Prepares and presents monthly report regarding Quality KPIs.
- Manages Quality non-conformities, partners up with relevant departments to develop supply chain process improvements, works closely with other cross functional teams to resolve quality issues that may affect customer satisfaction and operational performance.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or related scientific field with
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Food & Beverage, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, or related industry.
- Demonstrated Quality Auditor / Lead Quality Auditor experience.
- Proficiency with ERP Systems – ideally SAP
- Experience performing traceability tests and mock recalls independently.
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% (North America)
- Knowledge of:
- Quality systems GFSI / ISO9001
- Supply chain quality management, operations, and logistics
- Food safety, product quality programs, HACCP, cGMPs, Allergen management, FSMA
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.