Shift Supervisor - Nutella Cafe
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Nutella Cafe focuses on spreading Nutella’s positive energy in families to bring more optimism to the world. We believe that today will be better than yesterday, that optimism makes a positive difference in life, and that optimism gives families fuel to create the lives they want and that can inspire a community. Nutella’s firm belief is that optimism needs to be cultivated, and what a better way to cultivate optimism than to be a part of the Nutella team, one of the world’s most successful brands.
Shift Supervisors ensure that all staff are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas; manages all restaurant activity while on duty in the absence of the General or Assistant General Manager. Both front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house supervisor positions available.
As a Shift Supervisor, you'll spend the majority of your time on the following essential job functions:
- Opening and closing the store, ensuring all food preparation is complete, managing employees breaks and shift changes, and completing shift summary reports
- Monitor training and development of new employees on shifts.
- Schedule and lead each shift by delegating duties, assigning tasks, and following up with all team members.
- Prepare foods when necessary; ensure all food items are prepared according to Nutella’s standards of quality, consistency, and timeliness; check food quality and temperatures throughout the day to maintain health and safety regulations.
- Identify back-up support for back of house and work with the managers to reschedule team members when necessary.
Who we are looking for:
This is a great opportunity if you have a high school diploma or the equivalent. It’s preferred that you have at least 1 year’s relevant experience with fast casual food restaurant operations or relevant culinary experience
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.