Job Location: Louisville
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
You've always loved it, now be part of it. Home to Little Brownie Bakers® Ferrero Louisville is looking for our next Shift Manager. As the Shift Manager, you will be accountable for the overall operations of your assigned area and shift. A highly collaborative role, in addition to your assigned area and shift, you will work closely with and oversee areas including safety, quality, warehouse, labor relations, production, maintenance, regulatory compliance, talent management and budget.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem solving and the ability to manage multiple and complex priorities will be critical to your success as a Shift Manager.
This position is on 3rd shift (10:00pm - 6:30am) and will report to the Sr. Operations Manager.
- Accountable to ensure raw materials are converted into finished goods for assigned area/shift.
- Ensure processing, packaging, warehouse and maintenance execution meets targets.
- Ensures maintenance planning, scheduling and execution of site-wide facilities/equipment supports production performance.
- Ensures integration of metrics across the process.
- Accountable for SIC and SOL management.
- Accountable for assigned shift & responsible to integrate actions with other shifts
- Ensures adherence to all standard work processes,
Budgeting & Analytics
- Responsible for assisting with/creating operating budgets and capital budgets with other department managers.
- Direct all department expense budgets with appropriate accounting information.
- Manage within the budget and participate in the business planning and budgeting process.
- Develop short and long-term cost containment/reduction strategies.
Employee Performance Management
- Responsible for talent management process for Operations employees.
- Ensures Diversity and Inclusion meets/exceeds corporate standards.
- Follows staffing process along with interviewing and selecting best candidate for openings.
- Ensures Operations is appropriately staffed.
- Manages development & use of necessary/correct performance measures.
- Ensure employees are properly trained to execute their duties
- Accountable for execution of relevant projects within assigned area.
- Monitor project plans and status to ensure completion.
- Communicate project or program status, work activities, and potential problems to supervisors, team members, and appropriate others (e.g., Legal, Communications).
- Assign project related work to team members taking into account workload, deadlines, and team members' capabilities
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the organization's strengths, weaknesses, and resources, identifying potential organizational problems and opportunities.
- Make strategic decisions, considering immediate and long-term implications, benefits and costs, and risks associated with decision alternatives.
- Communicate the strategic vision to employees and obtain their input and commitment, motivating them to work toward common plans and objectives.
- Communicate and reinforce roles and responsibilities of the team and how they support the strategies and values of the company
Quality and Food Safety
- Accountable for compliance with all regulations.
- Food safety – plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed.
- Compliance with food safety policies and procedures.
- Compliance with employee safety policies and procedures.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 5 years managerial experience OR
- High School Diploma/GED plus a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience to include 5 years managerial experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage people
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- SAP Experience
- Lean Manufacturing
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.