Job Location: Florence
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Purpose of the position: contact person for the Plant Manager and the UGP leaders (Production Managers) for product innovation and innovation of the production process; direct contribution to the manufacture of the products by taking care of the process parameters.
Ensuring the technological production process optimization and the “best practice” transfer to the UGPs. Whether specialized in a single technology (i.e. modeling), operates as the professional reference of that specific technology.
Additional Information: this position represents a link between the different departments (production, quality, maintenance). One of the first contact persons in case of problems, optimizations (lines, products and process) and improvement of performance (productivity and reduction of waste).
Responsible for knowing the distinct characteristics of the product and troubleshooting for technological difficulties.
• By having the knowledge of the products and production processes, serves as support function for all other Departments by providing the needed information, cooperation, consulting, support, guidance.
• In charge of local Recipe Management.
• Provides a central interface to the UGP Manager and to the Plant Manager, for technological projects, new projects and improvement projects.
• Incentivizes a knowledge sharing process through dedicated meetings, scheduled to provide better solutions for every UGP.
• Performs regular monitoring and data collection of parameters that might affect product and materials reaction (characteristics of the product in the different processing phases, consumption, rejects, recipe, weight etc ....) on different production line (with the aim of guarantee the compliance with our standards and continuous improvement).
• Identifies new production methods and technologies (often in collaboration with Universities).
• Performs on field experiments and data mining to evaluate the feasibility of development project ideas.
• Requires estimates to department in charged and follows up of the state of work for experimental activities.
• Manages projects, in case of a project implementation: overall evaluation on the feasibility and possible request for approval.
• Provides an interface as Center of Competence, for all Ferrero Technologists.
• Manages trials (of new products/processes) and carries out startups (in collaboration with other functions).
• Responsible for training and updating anything involving the technological and production process as publish parameters for production line settings and ensure keeping them up to date (in strict collaboration with the RTO, RDL and Team Leaders).
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Engineering and Technology or analogous.
• Strong technical knowledge of Baking Technology or analogous.
• Knowledge of, and advanced skills in, Organoleptic Testing (relating to sensory organs �" taste).
• Knowledge of industrial equipment, production process and technology, standard operating procedures, health & safety / quality standards and work instructions, industrial installations.
• Good in Analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, Data Analysis, Excel, Communication and also Presentation Abilities.
• Strong knowledge of the production processes including phases, cycles, production models (BOMs).
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong math skills.
• Knowledge of SAP.
• Good Management skills.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.