Senior Special Channel Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you’re looking for a role with variety, this is it. You will start the journey of leading business trend in retail world. As a senior special channel manager, you will accelerate special channel business growth and new channel and customer development, build year on year strategy development plan and evolution in Special Channel.
1. Special Channel Development Strategies:
• Ensure the Sales Volume of current Special Channel Wedding keep continues growth;
• Continuously develop business opportunities in special channel, build up new channels gradually;
• Define trading term, prices structure and trade support such as POSM with cross functional teams, for different channel and customer.
2. Special Channel Management：
• Lead the new customer & business development in special channel including wedding channel and other subchannels like coupon platform/gas station stores etc. through close work with cross function team;
• Coordinate with other functions such as EC, field sales and Supply chain, to ensure aligned KPI delivery;
• Monitor and maintain channel price standards, manage annual trade expenses to control the ROI.
3. Customer & Distributor Management：
• Develop strategic relationships with key customers/distributors based on a depth understanding of the requirements of special channel business.
• Lead annual negotiation of channel customers/distributors and sign up annual contract for channel assigned, to deliver annual volume/value objective within the budgeted cost.
• Monitor and control customer inventory, control and supervise terminal prices and customer expenses.
4. Other tasks assigned by line manager or company.
Who we are looking for:
• At least 6 years experience in FMCG sales, with at least 2 years of distributor management or special channel management in FMCG;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Strong selling and negotiation skill;
• Good knowledge of Consumer Insights/Market research, experience in distributor management is a plus;
• Excellent communications skills in English and Chinese, written and oral.
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.