Senior Revenue Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you’re looking for a role with variety, this is it. You will start the journey of leading business trend in retail world. As a Senior Revenue Manager, your aim is to analyze customer trends (volumes, gross sales, trade margin, promo spending) and identify opportunity areas in terms of promo spending, to support Marketing in the definition of pricing strategies (by bringing knowledge of competitor SKU prices and promo by channel) with a 1 year horizon to define price lists, and to Contribute to customer planning by coordinating the full set of turnover levers, promo and customer investments. In this position, need to manage price promo lever defining its features (trend, extension, depth, SKU, …) and spending efficiency, also need to define together with Sales, price promo budget allocation with a channel/ customer perspective, checking its effectiveness and efficiency.
Customer data analysis
• Analyzes sell-in (customer/ category/ channel) and sell-out trend (customer/ category) sharing conclusions with Customer Marketing, KAM, Sales Manager
• Monitors and analyzes customer trade margin
• Supports business data interpretation (e.g., category and brand trends analisi by channel/ customer) and identifies possible risks/ opportunities in the customer mix and/ or category mix within each customer
• Analyzes assortment price evolution, verifying the coherence with SBD pricing corridors
• Supports Marketing in the definition of pricing strategies, with a yearly horizon, to define price lists and sharing recommendation with Sales team
• Participates to promo budget definition (price promo) and is responsible of its management, system upload and implementation among channels and customer/ category
• Manages price promo lever, defining its characteristics (trend, extension, depth, SKU) and spending efficiency
• Defines, together with Sales, price promo budget allocation with a channel/ customer perspective
• Monitors, for the main price promo operations, the achieviement of target objectives through effectiveness and efficiency evaluations (ROI, PEI) ex ante and ex post
• Defines cross channel / customer cut price standards through adequate models
• Analyzes customer and competitors promo strategies to create benchmarks
• Shares key learnings & net take away within Trade Marketing and Sales team
• Plan (set objectives according to the company’ development strategy), coordinate and control the performance of subordinates to reach the goal assigned
• Regularly discuss performance appraisals with subordinates (KPI)
• Recruit, coach, evaluate, motivate, build and develop a professional team
Other tasks assigned by line manager or company
Who we are looking for:
• Mandatory: Bachelor’s degree or above.
• Working experience in trade marketing (Modern Trade) , Finance or Commercial Excellence in FMCG industry is necessary;
• Understanding of Commercial Investment Management process;
• Knowledge of Sales Revenue, Trade spending, Trade Marketing, Sales field, KA, Category Management processes and practices.
• Strong cross functional projects management skills and analytical skills;
• English– fluent;
• MS office advanced user
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.