Senior Regulatory Specialist Product Specifications
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Senior Regulatory Specialist Product Specifications ensures that our product recipes are compliant with applicable international regulations as well as internal Ferrero standards
The candidate will join our Product Integrity Recipes team with the following responsibilities:
- Regulatory & scientific evaluation of industrial as well as experimental recipes, and of the related raw materials, in order to ensure recipe compliance to the applicable regulations
- Technical interpretation of regulations/standards related to the commercialization of products in specific countries
- Creation of technical documentation for preliminary food safety evaluations
- Creation of technical documentation related to requests from authorities / customs
- Scientific regulatory support to Food Law department in relation to product labeling & claims
- Review and approval of ingredient, nutritional and handling information on product labels, applying a thorough knowledge of food labeling regulations ensuring compliance with international labeling regulations
- Resolves complex problems by applying extensive technical knowledge and experience as well as profound problem solving skills
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records and databases and ensures data integrity
- Manages workflows in related electronic systems (e.g. Fedora, Devex)
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Food Technology, Biology, Food Science, Food Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry or similar
- min 5 years working experience in an international environment (Food Industry, ingredients, chemical, cosmetics, consumer goods)
- fluent in English (written & spoken)
- proficient in standard software, such as Microsoft office, SAP
- strong communication skills & able to communicate complex subjects in a concise way
- excellent cross-functional collaboration
- at ease in dealing with ambiguity and change
- fast learner
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.