Senior Procurement Manager, Indirect
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Senior Procurement Manager’s primary responsibilities include driving strategic procurement activities, evaluating existing and new suppliers, negotiating supplier contracts and managing supplier relationships within their assigned categories. Under the direction of the Head of General Procurement for North America, this person will be responsible for implementing General Purchasing best practices within North America Area. This position has one (1) direct report.
• Lead and execute sourcing activities for assigned categories while maintaining compliance with company guidelines
• Analyze and monitor market trends, supplier landscape and innovation/trends for respective categories
• Ensure proper alignment with internal customers on business needs
• Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure maximum value while taking into consideration TCO (total cost of ownership), service, and quality
• Build supplier relationships that generate value for both Ferrero and the suppliers over time
• Manage and maintain relationship with suppliers, optimizing the company’s suppliers base
• Collaborate and support the central procurement team in executing strategic sourcing activities for categories assigned
• Manage and maintain supplier financial analysis and performance
• Manage and maintain contract coverage inclusive of measuring and improving their utilization
• Track and monitor efficiencies reached on categories managed
• Support Purchase Order Management and Vendor Data Management activities as required
Who we are looking for:
• 10 years of experience in strategic sourcing and procurement
• Mastery of purchasing techniques: negotiating skills, RFI, RFQ, budgeting, market analysis, risk management, price management
• Legal knowledge in the drafting of standard documents: orders, contracts, commercial law
• Strong knowledge of advanced analysis in Excel (eg. vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
• Knowledge of SAP and SAP Ariba is preferred
• Experience in a cross cultural/international organization is preferred
• People management skills and experience
• Master’s Degree (Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal or similar)
• Professional Certification (CPM, CPSM, CPIM, CSCP, CIPS, and similar) is preferred
• Willingness to travel <20%
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.