Senior Packaging Designer
Job Location: Alba (CN)
Job Location: Alba (CN)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The resource will play the role of Project Manager (end to end) in relation to new strategic packaging projects to be developed in an international context.
He/she will be responsible for the following activities:
- Packaging Design activities (with attention to corporate sustainability strategies) to ensure the delivery of innovation projects and business continuity.
- Role of PMO from the generation phase of the concept to the industrial implementation of the packaging project, defining timing, evaluating costs, and sharing the progress of the project with the reference stakeholders.
- Technical choices of material, shape, technology in line with corporate sustainability objectives.
- Proposal of alternative scenarios of economic, environmental, structural derisking of supply, timing etc.
- Development of optimized solutions on new and existing projects through the identification of areas for improvement, the choice of suitable technologies and materials, knowledge of production lines.
- Quality of the packaging project in terms of technical result, legal compliance and safety, relying on internal/external competence centers.
- Support to industrial implementation in the different phases of SAT/FAT and launch.
- Support to the Quality team in the definition of packaging specifications in relation to new product categories and / or identification / certification of new specifications.
- Support to the central Sourcing team in the identification and choice of the packaging partner to be involved in relation to the objectives shared during the design and derisking.
• develop new packaging projects related to the assigned product categories by proposing creative, coherent, innovative and sustainable technical solutions,
• guide industrial implementation, interacting with all internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the best compatibility and performance of the packaging system.
• drive the continuous improvement of existing projects.
• support the choice of suitable suppliers, in line with the company's Sourcing and Quality policies.
• support and facilitate the integration of systems/processes in the Packaging sector.
Who we are looking for:
• University degree in technical field (Industrial Design, Engineering).
• previous experience in Packaging Design (preferably FMCG) of 4-7 years.
• strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• excellent written and spoken knowledge of English and possibly of a second language (Spanish or French).
• excellent knowledge of design software: Artioscad, Autocad, Solid Works.
• knowledge of software useful for making presentations: Power Point.
• knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel).
• good command of SAP.
• availability to make trips (one week per month).
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.