Senior Institutional Affairs Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is aimed to provide a holistic support for China institutional affairs and government related matters.
- Map out and engage key stakeholders (central and local government bodies, funders, semi-government agencies) and help business to capture opportunities deriving from the initiatives
- Develop and implement advocacy and government relationship strategies and tactics to obtain value for advancing interests of Ferrero, based on Ferrero Group and local business strategic plan to ensure smooth company business operations
- Manage all activities to maintain and enhance strategy-focused, result-oriented government relations at regional and local level, including arrangement of interaction with the government, negotiation with the government on specific issues/topics, and government policy/regulations advocacy
- Lead and participate in the management of policy and industrial relationship, associations, institutions, NGOs, corporate meetings, internal and external events
- Ensure strong and sustainable relationship with foreign embassies, business chambers and other related stakeholders
- Manage policy and regulations monitoring and interpretation to forecast trends at both, central and local level, and timely share among the key stakeholders on a corporate level
- Constantly synthesize the external environment to anticipate government and policy actions that potentially impact Ferrero’s operation in China
- Effectively align and mobilize Ferrero government affair functions support and expertise to enhance the profile, positioning and branding of Ferrero in China market
- Act as a gatekeeper to provide valuable intelligence and due diligence compliance, run the risk management and mitigation
- Take the lead in collaboration and communication with specified external government stakeholders in case of crisis management, working close with corporate and internal communication functions to protect Company interests
- Manage and always maintain updated the government mapping materials, including database of relevant government bodies
- Participate in the department and cross-functional projects, supporting them with the expertise and commitment
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor+ degree in public relations, public administration, business management, foreign language or other related majors. Dual/joint-degree or overseas education is considered a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience in related field, in-house experience in FMCG, retail or/and food industry is preferred
- Rich working experience in FMCG, F&B industries with regulatory bodies or public sector
- Strong business sense and political savviness
- Proven track record of communication and coordination with the following government agencies: SAMR, GAC, MOFCOM and Food and labelling regulatory agencies
- Advanced understanding of the government framework in China, specifically regarding the government strategies, individuals in power, key legislative and party initiatives and entry policies for lobbying and advocacy on various topics
- Strategic-thinking and policy advancing capability
- Problem-solving mindset and skillset, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with a strong sense of urgency in implementing projects and achieving results
- Fluency in English and Chinese, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Readiness for business travels required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.