Senior Food Technologist
Job Location: Augusta
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
You’ve always loved it, now be part of it! Ferrero’s Augusta, GA manufacturing plant, where we proudly produce Keebler Cookies®, is looking for our next Sr. Food Technologist.
Passion and dedication to delivering the highest quality foods will be key to driving your success as the Sr. Food Technologist. As part of the Plant Leadership Team, you will be frequently collaborating with the Production Managers, Quality and Maintenance, guaranteeing the integrity of the products we manufacture and owning the process parameters.
Beyond leadership, you will also be working closely with Operators and other front-line employees and serve as one of the first points of contact as problems arise, optimizations are implemented and when identifying performance improvement opportunities.
This position is on 1st Shift, requiring schedule flexibility outside of normal office hours.
This role reports to the Plant Manager.
- Provide technological process optimization and recommendations to set up and/or analyze the production cycle to determine appropriate corrective actions
- Define new technological methods and monitor production parameters
- Provide recommendations once new recipes are entered in the system (official documentation), perform SAP data entry and comparison of the declared recipe with the production process to guarantee compliance
- Define procedures and rules for process data acquisition, either by the system or manually with Production and Quality teams
- Provide a central interface to the Production Managers (UGP Managers) and Plant Manager for technological, new or improved projects for the production lines
- Facilitate a knowledge sharing process through dedicated meetings to provide better solutions for every Production Manager
- Collaborate with the Technical Category Development (DTC) team, Maintenance and all other relevant technical departments to better adapt plans and machinery features/functionalities to raw materials, semi-finished goods and used packaging
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably Food Science, Technology or related discipline
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a Production Plant environment
- Strong technical and mechanical background with excellent knowledge of food manufacturing lines
- Strong technical knowledge of Baking Technology or related technologies
- Strong knowledge of the production processes including phases, cycles, production models and information systems related to production
- Knowledge of Maintenance processes and programs related to the production/packaging lines, a strong asset
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with people from all levels, essential
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.